Fee & Permits for the Mustang motorbike Tour

Up to its reopening in 1992, Upper Mustang remained closed to visitors. Its environment has been unspoiled and protected as a result. Nonetheless, tourism in this area is rapidly booming, with an increasing number of trekkers and vacationers visiting this unique site by vehicle. Permits and fees needed for this tour:-

1. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP): Payable from Kathmandu or Pokhara, it costs about USD 30 per person.

2. The Upper Mustang Restricted Area Permit (RAP) costs $500 for the first ten days per person. After that, each additional day of stay will cost an additional $50 per person. The RAP is usually included in your vacation package, but you have to book it through a certified trekking company in Kathmandu or Pokhara. This Restricted Area Permit Fee is not charged if you are only visiting the lower mustang region up to the Kagbeni and Muktinath.

3. Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) Entry Fee: It costs approximately USD 25 which you should pay when entering the Annapurna Conservation Area, which you pass through during the journey.

In addition to the permits, there might be surcharges imposed by the local government or authorities. Especially if you’re travelling during festivals or special events.