PTE is one of the most taken exam especially in Australia and also the easiest one. However, the question arises that if PTE is so easy to do why students fail so many times and have to repeat it numerous times. The answer lies in small things that students overlook while attempting PTE. Here at Englishfirm we have made PTE aspirants life easy by pointing the common mistakes that students usually make and how to avoid these mistake in future to get their perfect. Here is a lost of few of those slipups.
1. Stopping at full stops and commas: What students fail to realize is that PTE is checked by software and software has its algorithm to allot marks to a candidate and stopping at punctuation is one the major blunder that students perform.
2. Skipping Repeat Sentences: This is one of the major mistake that students make is skipping repeat sentences when they are unable to get the sentence clearly making them loose marks for one of the most important task in PTE.
3. Overanalyzing Image: PTE is a general English test and is not aiming to test analysis skills of a candidate by overanalyzing image a student is at a risk of loosing points due to error in fluency and pronunciation.
4. Grammatical and Spelling Errors: Students focus too much on paraphrasing summarizes written text and loose sight of an overall picture causing them shortage in time.
5. Wrong Keyword: There have been many cases where an aspirant picked wrong keywords for his/her essay and ended up with zero marks for content.
6. Improper Time Management: Reading being the most tedious task in PTE has caused many test takers to miss out on their score as they end up spending more time on unimportant questions instead of important ones.
7. Task Priority: Many a times test takers have given less important question a higher priority in comparison to important ones especially in case of Section 2 as only three tasks out of seven are significant in listening.
Englishfirm has looked into many other errors